Wednesday, May 27, 2009
Hello guys (: Long time no post.
I'm here to lift this moldy blog out of the humus. Actually, we ain't that bad. If you visit 06 or 07s78-ADE's blogs, you'd find some comfort in the sense that, if our blog is dead, theirs is fossilized.
Anyway I've been pondering over my uni course dilemma for almost a whole month now, and still I can't decide which course to take. :/ Sports Sci.ence and Mangeme.nt at NTU, or Architecture at NUS.. rarr. It's simply a tussle between pragmatism and passion, and so far neither side is winning. The next few days would be mental warfare for me until I can force a decision out of myself by 1 June. Any thoughts or opinions anyone? hahah.
Anyway to revive this blog, I dug out some stuffs from my ancient blog. Could help refresh some of the dreadful/enjoyable memories/memorized information. hahaha.
ATTACK OF THE TERROROMEGACOTYLEDONOSAUR, directly copied and pasted. 100% fidelity.
Wednesday, November 15, 2006
Attack of the Terroromegacotyledonosaur
1. Imbibition of water.
- water enters into the seed through the micropyle
- seed absorbs water and expands in mass, ruptures seed coat.
- hydration triggers metabolic changes and processes in the embryo
2. Activation and Synthesis of enzymes.
- imbibition of water causes marked increase in Gibberelic acid synthesis
- GA dissolved and diffuses to aleurone layer
- turns on genes in the nucleus of aleurone cells that code for certain enzymes, such as alpha amylase. Also stimulates activation and release of other hydrolytic enzymes.
- Hence stimulates mobilisation of food stores, which are translocated to the growing regions of the seed such as the radicle and the plumule.
However, during the course of the rapid cell divisions encouraged by Gibberelins and cytokinins, non-disjunction + point/gene mutations occur, such that an allopolyploid species evolves.
Over expression of Auxin and Gibberelins lead to increased fruit set and suppression of Abscisic acid expression, hence
1. cotyledon does not fall off, and continues to divide.
- soon it differentiates and forms mouth parts and brains.
2. Auxin exerts apical dominance, and no lateral branches form, except at two anomalous regions where cytokinin concentration is higher.
* The following is out of syllabus *
Monster-set is at its maximum. The dehydrated seed coat finally ruptures, unable to withstand the massive might of the jaws that lay within.
Phase 2 of terroromegacotyledonosaur life cycle - Terrorisation and Annihilation.
The two outgrowths from the cytokinin rich regions continue to exhibit extensive branching/growth of lateral branches.
These finger like projections aid the beast in obtaining food, serving as formidable tools for impaling unsuspecting prey, and dropping them into its menacing jaws of destruction.
Phase 3: Natural selection.
No two species can occupy the same ecological niche at the top of the food chain, hence by Darwin's theory of natural selection, competition arises. Struggle for existence ensues, and only the strong shall prevail.
Allelic frequencies of the population decrease as weakling humans get digested in stomach.
Phase 4: Experimentation
Experimentation carried out by mad scientists are antagonistic to the procreation of new monster terroromegamonocotyledonosaur species.
Darwin's law of natural selection hence fails when there is internal intervention.
Phase 5: Loading phase
Load flask into weapon.
Do not smell contents directly, due to toxic and volatile nature of the compounds.
Instead fan with hand to get whiff of the constituents.
Identify contents and record them down before you die.
Phase 6: Cessation of terror
Apply laws of projectile motion to calculate angle of elevation of gun that is necessary,
- weak point of monster is 300m above ground level
- scientist is 150m away from foot of monster
-initial speed of projectile = 05.78km/s
(g = 9.81 ms-2)
assume air resistance to be negligible.
Phase 7: Senescence and death phase
Aiyar sian already.
All the above has been added at 11.20pm on the 17th of november.
[/edit 11.20pm 17/11/2006]
And the cycle continues.. haha. It has to because i drew it as a repetitive sequence of pictures for use as a screensaver thing called webshots. That was like back in sec 2/3 man! haha. Expect more photos/pictures to be posted from now on haha.
I just downloaded picasa, so while using it i realized that it actually dug out every single image file in my computer! That's how i stumbled upon this ancient relic.
I hope its quite self explanatory haha.
I flunked chem quite badly. urgh. Oh well, last chance at redemption for chem would be paper 1. I'd wack mcqs everyday man. Okay im tired. Good night! =)
-awx, wednesday, November 15, 2006
10:19 PM |
girls in saris with mr gow!!
Take a peek at some!
Flickr login details see above.